Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wine and such

If you're thinking, "Man, I really wish Kelly (or Fee for some) were here with me right now...what could I possibly do to make myself feel better?" I have the answer: drink some Chilean wine. Now, don't be mistaken - I'm not telling you to turn to alcohol for comfort. However, I did just visit one of the best known vineyards in Chile so if you open a bottle of Don Melchor's Merlot from the Concha y Toro winery, we'll practically be sharing a drink. You might now be thinking, "What's with all the wine - she hardly drinks?" The truth is (and all of you wine connoisseur can attest this) that wine is more than a mere drink. It's an art. In the time is takes to go from grape seed to top-rated wine, you could probably pass a health care bill through both houses of Congress (haha).

Seriously though, the vineyard I toured was both beautiful and educational. I recommend that everyone splurge on at least one wine tour to learn to appreciate all that goes into making one very special drink.

To depart from my usual tourist activities, I spent Sunday afternoon with my friend Nacha (a Chilean girl I met through some Christians at Stanford) and her two friends. We had a picnic in el parque bicentenario, enjoying the general splendor of the la cordillera (mountain range) in the distance. I met up with some of those same girls a few days later to check out the bowling scene in Santiago. As it turns out, Chilean girls don't make the greatest bowlers. Still, it was fun.

Enough writing...I've got some midterms to finish! Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment